Noble’s facilities operate with strict confidentiality policies to protect our clients and their proprietary information.
Specific Pathogen free housing
BSL-3 facilities – SARS CoV-2
George Mason University Manassas, VA
Made in Maryland and Virginia, and easily accessible to clients from around the globe.
24,000 square feet of facilities and equipment
- Rodent facility uses Innovive Microisolator Caging and Rack Systems with ventilated cages and dual HEPA-filtered racks
- Large animal capabilities with conditioned indoor and field board areas
- Significant capacity for rodents (>10,000), rabbits and ferrets (>1,000) and pig, sheep goats (>100)
- Satellite BSL-3 facility at GMU for SARS-CoV-2 and select agent work
A network of testing facilities
Laboratories & Animal Housing
Specific Pathogen Free Housing
We’re a global preclinical contract research organization with a local touch
Our facilities consist of 24,000 square feet of animal housing, support, and laboratory space securely situated in a twenty-five acre campus.
There are 8,000 square feet of conventional and 14,000 square feet of specific pathogen free (SPF) housing and support space for mice, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, and mini pigs as well as additional housing for sheep, goats, swine and other large animals. Support spaces include three surgical suites with recovery room, intensive care area, and preparation area as well as laboratories for clinical pathology, designated test article storage and preparation, specimen analysis, necropsy and a secure access-controlled archive. Animals may be transferred to Noble from other facilities with proof of acceptable health status.
The facility is designed to handle biohazardous materials under BSL-2 conditions with housing and manipulation of mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets and mini-pigs under ABSL-2+ conditions.
The facility is designed to handle biohazardous materials under BSL-2 conditions
A monitoring system continuously senses security status and environmental conditions as well as refrigerator, freezer and incubator temperatures. In the event of a power failure, an automatic backup electrical generator supplies the needs of the entire facility. A redundant HVAC system automatically engages when needed.
Leave the management and regulatory issues to us when you lease space in Noble’s state-of-the-art facilities, centrally-located in the Baltimore-Washington area. Noble’s facilities include dedicated rooms for housing your experimental animals, including athymic mice, and the latest technologies for improved animal welfare.
Additionally, we can assist with animal use and study protocol development and, because we understand your preclinical in vivo studies are time-sensitive, we offer our clients an experienced IACUC with standard five-day protocol review and approval.
- Three surgical suites with recovery room, intensive care area, and preparation area
- Wide range of imaging, surgery and specialized equipment
- Blood collection and processing
- Necropsy, histology, pathology/histopathology
- Clinical pathology — clinical chemistry, hematology, coagulation factor and urinalysis
- IVIS Optical imaging for real-time live animal imaging
- C-arm fluoroscopy with radiographic capabilities and interventional radiology
How Our Team Can Help
With decades of GLP experience, our scientists can support all aspects of the GLP process, from design to regulatory support of your IND, IDE, or PMA FDA submission.
ROBYN E. SHAW, M.S.
Associate Director of Operations
Report a Safety Concern
If you are a Noble employee and have any safety suggestions or concerns about unsafe workplace conditions or practices, please report them to us here. Anonymous suggestions are always welcome.